About computer hard drive
Hard drive is an important part of a computer, because it holds all of our digital contents. In the past, computers use hard disk drives (HDDs) as internal disks. With the popularization of solid-state drives (SSDs), more and more computers are equipped with SSDs. There are different SSD types in use, including SATA, PCIe, M.2, and U.2, etc.
Need to backup HDD/SSD in your computer
Data loss happens frequently. There are plenty of people who ask for help in the forum after losing their precious data. Actually, data saved on your computer may be lost due to virus infection, malware attack, and wrong operations. Besides, the hard drive may fall into unexpected errors and your computer can fail to boot all of a sudden.
To ensure the safety of your valuable data, it is necessary to make a backup of your computer hard drive. If you backup your data regularly, you won’t be worried about accidental data loss, because you are always allowed to retrieve your data from the backup image.
Best free backup software for Windows
What’s the best way to backup all your data on the computer? AOMEI Backupper Standard offers you the simplest yet free solution. Following are its main features:
- Different backup types for different needs
- System Backup: backup all data on the system drive, including system files, boot files, and program files, etc.
- Disk Backup: backup all data on the selected disk. It supports various disk types like HDDs, SSDs, USB flash drives, SD cards, and memory cards.
- Partition Backup: create an image backup for a specified partition on the disk.
- File Backup: create an image backup for selected files or folders.
- Abundant backup options
- Schedule: you can set backup tasks to run automatically at fixed time. For example, you can set a time point and perform backups every day at that time. Also you are allowed to choose a day or several days of the week or month to perform backups.
- Compression: you are able to choose a compression level for the backup image. “None”, “Normal”, and “High” are available options. The higher level you choose, the smaller the image file will be and the longer time the backup task will take.
- Splitting: you are allowed to divide a large image file into smaller ones. It is very helpful when you want to save the backup image on a USB flash drive in FAT32 file system.
- Email notification: you will receive emails informing you of the backup results.
- It is fully compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP (32 bit and 64 bit). Besides, it is easy to operate thanks to the intuitive interface.
Step-by-step guide to backup your computer hard drive
To backup the hard disk on your computer, you can resort to the “Disk Backup” feature in AOMEI Backupper.
Step 1. Download AOMEI Backupper from the official website. Install and run it on your computer.
Step 2. Click “Backup” on the left side and then select “Disk Backup”.
Step 3. Click the “Add Disk” column to select the hard drive that needs to be backed up.
Step 4. Click the column under “Add Disk” to select a location to store the backup image. To select a local or external disk, you can click “This PC” in the pop-up window; to select a network location or NAS device, you can click “Share/NAS”.
Step 5. Click “Schedule” to set a schedule for your backup task based on your needs. Finally, click “Start Backup” to begin the process.
As you see, backing up your computer hard drive is as easy as a few clicks if you use AOMEI Backupper. When there are unexpected errors occurring, you can restore your computer to a normal state quickly with the backup image you created earlier.